Learning from home, especially in this time of uncertainty, is a unexpected challenge for many families and teachers. But working together, we can keep our students safe, continue their education journey…and hopefully have some fun along the way! The resources provided on this page are meant to supplement – not replace – official instructions provided by your child’s teacher and school.
Please check back in coming days as we hope to continue to have new resources to add. While we may be apart in location, we’re unified in purpose: helping our students reach their full potential!
Official State Resources
Time Management Resources
- One Parent’s Plan for “Daddy School”
- How to Set Up a Daily Rhythm
- Free Schedule-Maker to Help Plan Your Day
- Advice from a South Carolina Teacher for Handling Class Assignments at Home
- Stuck at Home: A sample schedule from a mom of three boys
- SCETV At-Home Learning
- Kahn Academy
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due to School Closings
- That Fun Teacher
- Math Activities for At-Home Learning
- Online Literacy Resources
- Brain Pop: Free Access During School Closures
- Edmodo: Distance Learning Tool-Kit
- STEM for Kids SC
- 10 Free Online Resources for Families to Try
- South Carolina Food and Wi-Fi Resources for Parents
- Map of school food sites from SC Department of Education
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)
- 20 Virtual Fieldtrips to Take with Your Kids
- 33 National Park Tours You Can Take Virtually From The Comfort Of Your Home
- Smithsonian Learning Lab
- USO South Carolina Daily Virtual Story Time Events for Military Children
- Ideas/Resources from WORLD Magazine
- Educational Videos and Podcasts for Kids
- GoNoodle: Fun Online Educational Activities
- How unwitting homeschoolers can treat this as an opportunity
- 32 resources for entertaining energetic toddlers
- Learning Computer Science when schools are closed
As a free-market public policy organization, it’s only right that we include links to teach young minds to love liberty!
- Constitution 101: Free online course from Hillsdale College
- Hillsdale’s Top 10 Books You’ve Got to Read
- National Constitution Center Educational Resources
- Recommended Reading from Young America’s Foundation
Have a resource you’d like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Links on this page are intended as a compilation of supplemental education resources for families and do not represent an official endorsement of any company or product by Palmetto Promise Institute.